Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Word to the Wise!

Last week, my daughter asked me to send her several copies of my book. I carefully packed the books so they would not get damaged and took them to the PO. The  clerk asked me what I had in the box and I told her books. Then she listed off another list of things and I said books. She asked if I wanted tracking, for $.90 and I said sure, paid, and she took a stamp and stamped in red beside the address "Media Mail, subject to inspection.
   I'd never seen that stamp on a package before and questioned it. She told me the USPS has the right to inspect any media mail package. Then she said the USPS has the right to open and inspect anything but first class mail. I shrugged my shoulders and went on my way. A few days later, I used the tracking number and it seemed to be going on its way, from Stanwood WA to Everett, to Richmond CA, to Mill Valley, and delivered.
   My daughter called me and asked why I sent her a box of Teletubbies? She had received a box of these Telebubbies with my address label on it! The address on the box, under my sticker was from one address in Arizona to another in the same town.
   She went to the PO to inquire and the box I had sent her, which had been opened, was at the PO. I had reused a box my daughter had sent me, which still had her address on it.
   The PO Clerk told her that all media mail packages are now opened and inspected, as are several other classes of packages. What had happened with my package was, when they cut my package open, they pulled off the address label that I had put on the package. After they checked it, they taped it back up and sent it on its way. Apparently, somebody found my address sheet and stuck it on the nearest package. Hence, my daughter got he Teletubbies.
   So, the Teletubbies are on their way to their home in Arizona and my books were undamaged, but I will never send anything except by first class mail, insured and tracked.
   This fits in perfectly with the information I read the other day that NSA wants the PO to photograph every piece of mail, with its destination and origin and send that on to the Nazional Security Agency.

AMENDMENT IV - The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

  It would seem that we the subjects of the Ă˜bamanation (a wholly owned subsidiary of the United Corporations of the World, Ltd.) have little or no rights left but to do as we are told, or else. "Turn out your pockets and bend over sir, this will only hurt a little."

No comments:

Post a Comment